Thursday, April 19, 2007

Life Is What You Make It

I woke up this morning with a huge headache. I didn't want to get out of bed, didn't want to move, or even open my eyes. But I thought...this is ridiculous. The sun is shining. There's things to do today. So I got up, got myself going. And I was blessed with a husband who brought me a glass of cold water and some aspirin. I was blessed with nice comments on some things I had posted yesterday. I was blessed with a phone call from my best friend Ginnie. See the day is what you make it. I've decided mine is going to be a sunshiny, friendly, fun day (even if it involves a little aspirin taking). I hope you've made your day a good one. Remember don't let the bad gunkie get at ya and you're good. I remember when I was in Jr. High my mom was watching this preacher on TV and he said "Don't let the devil steal your joy." Sometimes it's not the devil. Sometimes it's a jerk on the freeway - or some old lady who swipes your spot in the parking lot - whatever it is, whoever it is - they only have as much power as you give them. It's just as easy to wish them a good day - turn up the stereo and keep going. As my friend Ginnie says, "Smile and Proceed."
Blessings to you!
Aub

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

Love Ginnie