Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A Great Man

I got news yesterday that I lost a very good friend of mine. His name was Raymond Schellenberg. He was 43 years old. He suffered a massive heart attack Saturday and was on lifesupport until he passed away Monday night/Tuesday morning around midnight. Ray was a friend to anyone who met him. He was genuinely a nice person. He loved the Lord and it was evident in the way he lived his life. I feel blessed to have known Ray. I know my life was enriched for the time spent with him. He contributed a great deal to making the world a better place. How lucky we were the Lord shared him with us for as long as he did. I know life is precious and the "here today, gone tomorrow" saying is true. Stop and take the time today to tell your friends and family how very much you love them. Leave someone a hidden note telling them what they add to your life. I talked to Ray right before he went to the hospital and I told him that I loved him. I love all you too my friends & I think the Lord each day for you. You help to make up what my world is - a rich, warm, loving, environment. Thank you for that.

May your day be blessed!

Aubrey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...he was a really nice guy. Hope the kids are doing okay.
See you soon!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

I love you Aubrey.

Ginnie