Tuesday, March 11, 2008

SOUTH AFRICA UPDATE

Hi Everyone!

Sorry it's taken so long to update. The Internet connections here in South Africa have been inconsistent. We've only just been able to get a pretty steady connection. And it seems blogger refuses to let me upload any photos right now. I have to give a quick shout-out to my good friend, Melisa Sanchez. It was Melisa's b-day on March 4th - and I promised I'd post her a happy b-day note on her b-day, but unfortunately I was unable to get internet 'til now. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISA - love ya chickie!

I will say we have had a WONDERFUL time here in South Africa. The people are incredibly FRIENDLY! The women have all been so sweet - and very, very creative. What a group of genuinely hospitable folks. I can't say enough about how kind they are.

Our classes have been going well. I think we've sold out everywhere. We've been incredibly blessed. Michelle has really put on a snazzy event. The ladies have been pampered and really treated - that's the way these things should be I think - it's those things you remember.

We've been on safari, we've been to Johannesburg (which they call JoBurg), we flew to Durban, and now we've flown to Cape Town. We're in Cape Town for a couple more days, then we're off to Jeffery's Bay. I believe we're flying into a place called Port Elizabeth. So we're excited to visit there.

It's been so neat getting to really see the different regions of South Africa. JoBurg is kinda big city - with it's different sections of town. Great restaurants and shopping. Neat things to see. Durban was near the sea and had it's different sections too. It was very humid in Durban. The people at the hotel we stayed at were wonderful! I also had the best shrimp I've ever had in my entire life in Durban. Yum!!! Now we're in Cape Town and their Wharf reminds me of the Wharf in San Francisco. Very nice. The weather is PERFECT! We even got a tiny bit of rain today. (Folks that know me, know that I LOVE RAIN! - product of being a desert girl.)

I will try and post again in the morning. I don't want to give away too much because I want to post notes with the pictures. Leah and I would like to thank you all for your prayers while we're away - and your interest in our travels. We really are having a good time together, and we're happy that the Road Show is going over so well. Michelle has been the best hostess - no one could've asked for more. I also can't tell you what an incredible staff Michelle has - they've all worked together to make this trip incredible.

Blessings,
Aubrey & Leah

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Aubrey:

Sounds like you're having a WONDERFUL time. I'm so glad you got to take this trip with Leah. I can't wait to see your posts when you can finally upload pictures. Buy lots of stuff while you're there too!

Anonymous said...

What a cool experience. I am glad the classes are going great. Michelle sounds like a fantastic organizer. Happy late birthday Melissa! I also can't wait to see more photos. I am thrilled for both you and Leah. Miss you! Crystal

Jenn Alvarez said...

Where's my Sista'?! So glad you were able to check in finally. I'm totally missing you! You and Leah are a wonderful team and I'm sure the ladies that are taking your classes feel just as lucky to meet you two as you two feel to meet them. Take care!

Ginny said...

Hi Babe, I am soooo glad that you are where you can make contact with us again. I love that you are having a great time but Being a mom, I do want to know that you are doing well while having your great time. Wonderful to hear that you are. We miss you very much and Jenn and I have decided that you are not allowed out of the country again without us. Hope that the rest of your trip is even better than what you have had so far. I love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Girls...You guys were so fantastic and I am really chuffed you are enjoying my home town...I have travelled but I must admit there is nothing quite like Cape Town in summer...a little biased I know.
Thank you so much for all your little tips and tricks
hope you come our way again soooon
Luane
the loud mouth at the loud table at the SCRAPBOX class in CT