Sunday, October 14, 2007

CANADA -- NOT SO WEIRD -- JUST PRETTY

Yesterday after classes Leah and I rented a car and went out to see the town. We'd asked just about everyone we came across what it is we should see while we're here. It was always the same answer - "The Forks!!". So we went to The Forks. It really was beautiful. Apparently it's a spot where two rivers meet. They have neat little shops and restaurants. Here's some shots of us there.This is Leah showing her Tim Horton's cup. We were told it was the best coffee here - that they line up for it. We just had to try it.
Here's a shot Leah took of me near the two rivers. It was such a beautiful day out. The weather was wonderful. We sat on the steps for a bit and just took it all in.This tree was AMAZING. We drove by it on our way to dinner. It was in someone's front yard and just seemed to GLOW. It was sooooo beautiful. I have to apologize to my friend, I think I embarrassed her - I'm pretty sure of this since when I was snapping the picture she was crouched down in the seat so people couldn't see her! Sorry Leah! This is where we had dinner. We both ordered the prime rib. It was the best prime rib either of us has ever had. OMGosh - so good, melt in your mouth good. **I borrowed this photo from their website since I forgot to snap one of my own.**Here's the Welcome sign. Not a great picture, but it's the best I could do, working quickly. This completes your photo tour if Winnipeg!
Blessings,
Aubrey

3 comments:

Jenn Alvarez said...

Hey Aub! Great shots! Glad you guys had a good time. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Look at the beautiful trees/leaves. Glad you got to enjoy the beauty.

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing!