Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Vacation Day 2

We got up this morning and drove around Tahoe for a bit. It is REALLY pretty there, but it seemed all the roads were under construction - and we quickly got frustrated. So once we had lunch at the local brewery - we left town. Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures there.
So we decided to head to Mammoth. It's one of our favorite places. While driving I asked Jeff to pull over so I could get this shot of the road. Jeff hopped out while I was doing this to take pictures of something else...I look back and tell Jeff "the truck is moving" so at this point Jeff and I are chasing the SUV down the road. Luckily Jeff caught it before it went down this big hill on its own. Little tip folks - always put it in park! :)
Just another view from the side of the road - this was on the road between Bodie & Mammoth.
We stopped by Mono Lake. We got there just in time to capture the pretty light - what a stroke of luck!
Here's some of the Tuftas.
They built a boardwalk to get you out to the lake - they don't want you walking on/destroying the wetlands. I thought the boardwalk itself was cool.
Ok, so now we're in Mammoth - I'll be taking pictures there in the morning - thanks for putting up with my long posts!
Blessings,
Aubrey

2 comments:

Jenn Alvarez said...

Ha ha ha ha! Way to go guys! I can't believe you had to chase the truck. I can just picture it in my mind...Jeff cussing and running. Ha ha ha! Love it!
Great pictures of Mono Lake!

Melissa said...

Such beautiful photos! Looks like my kind of vacation! You are both so adventurous! Have fun ... call me when you get back!