Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Day 3

So we stayed another day in Mammoth. This is the view out our hotel room. Can't beat that - plus the temp is 53 degrees...man, it's great. We went out to see if we could find some trails we could drive. While out on one Jeff spotted this stump. He thought it was pretty cool looking, so I took this picture for him.
We then drove through the town of Benton Hot Springs (you're seeing most of it here). It was a pretty neat little place though.
Then we went back off-road. Jeff wanted to get some pictures of some cows that were out in a field. Turns out we were on someone's property, so as we were trying to leave we spotted this outhouse - you've gotta take a picture of that right?
While driving out to Hot Creek, I saw this tree. It lined up so beautifully with the clouds, I asked Jeff to back up so I could "make its picture" (in the words of my late Granny).
I took a bunch of pictures, but there's only so much you guys want to look at and Jeff's ready to hit the road. I'll try and update today's events tonight.
Blessings,
Aub

2 comments:

Jenn Alvarez said...

Oh my gosh Aubrey! Granny would be "just so proud" of that picture! I'm so jealous that you guys are out and having fun...maybe I should have taken Jeff up on his offer!

Ginny said...

Yes indeed your granny would have been "just so proud". Great pictures honey. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

Mom