Thursday, June 28, 2007

Late Breaking News!!!!

Our chickens that we mail-ordered back in February, just laid their first eggs today! That's right, we have eggs!!! Only three today, but three on the first day isn't bad. We have 26 chickens and I'm sure within the next week or two they'll all be producing. Yippee. I'm so excited. Quentin (my nephew) is here this week on vacation - he came running in, "Auntie Aub, look, the chickens laid an egg and I went in and got it!" I had to snap his picture. He was just as excited as I was. Here's some photos...



We're back to having fresh eggs - they really are the very best. Oh, and since there's only 3 of us - and we'll be getting 26 EGGS A DAY - if you save your egg cartons and come by I'll fill them for free!

Have a blessed day!

Aubrey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I coming by after my vacation. Brown eggs look so Martha Stewart. I can't wait to try your fresh eggs. Wow! Quinten looks so much older. Does he still drink Rancho Cucamunga Lattes?

Vanda said...

Right, give me your address, I'm off to pack my bags ~ lol! I love fresh eggs, you can't beat them. Mail order chickens ~ lol! Conjours up allsorts of images Aubrey :O)

Melissa said...

That is so exciting! My mother-in-law just "mail-ordered" chickens, too! Too funny! You are right, fresh eggs are the BEST! And thanks for the offer...I can't wait to get my first dozen!

Nat said...

Wow! That's a whole lot of eggs you'll be having!! Just popped by to say hi as I haven't seen you around the photo blogs for a while, hope all is well :) xxx