Monday, February 12, 2007

New Things!

Well Spring isn't quite here, but I've had the pleasure of encountering more "new" things than normal in the last couple of weeks. First I got to go to CHA (Craft & Hobby Assoc.) show in Anaheim with my friend Crystal at the end of January. This is where all the new craft & hobby merchandise is showcased by manufacturers and retailers purchase it. I was so excited to see all the new scrapbook stuff! We got a few "free samples" [Crystal remind me to give you yours!] -- we got to do make n' takes, see the scrapbook "celebs" etc... We had such a good time. Here's a shot with me & Elsie Flannigan! Isn't she cute?

Along the line of new things: I got new babies (chicks that is). I ordered them online and the post office called this morning at 4:30 AM and said, "This is the US Post Office. We've got your live chicks here." Jeff said, "Ok, I'll come pick them up." He was half asleep - we couldn't figure out why they called so early then it hit us - he said, "You could hear your birds chirping in the background." We have 27 new babies. One passed away this afternoon. Pretty little girl - she was so nice, but she was weak, and just didn't make it. On the up side - the rest are thriving and running around and eating - I can't wait for them to be big enough to be out in the coop. They're so great. We'll have plenty of fresh eggs in a couple of month - let me know if you want any!


Hope you enjoy all the new things to be found this season!

Love,

Aubrey

2 comments:

johanna peterson said...

such cute chicks!!! we will be there to photograph them with the girls :)

Anonymous said...

You look SO cute!! Love your hair like that!!! Can't wait to see what different varieties your babies grow up to be. They look really healthy and good. Are they in the pen now or the other place that they weren't supposed to be in, lol. Glad you called the other day, sorry if I sounded out of it...I was. Talk to you later. Have fun with your babies!!!
Love Ginnie