Monday, March 23, 2009

Another Desert Drive

A couple of weeks ago I posted some pictures from our drive through the Anza-Borrego Desert. I promised to try to go back and catch the desert in bloom...here's some of the shots I got Saturday. Last year I purchased a pamphlet called Wildflowers of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. I used it as sort of a scavenger hunt to see how many I could find and photograph on this trip. Of the 57, I found 21, (not so hot huh!). Oh well, it was lots of fun anyway - plus I had a great day with my family. Here's what I found: (*plant name under each photo*)

CACTI
#4 on the list: Beavertail

#6 Gander's Cholla

#7 Teddybear Cholla


TREES AND SHRUBS

#10 Mohave Yucca

#12 Chuparosa

#13 Ocotillo

#17 Indigo Bush

#23 Desert Cassia

#24 Brittlebush
#25 Creosote Bush
ANNUAL WILDFLOWERS
#26 Desert Lily

#33 Desert Chicory

#34 Fremont Pincushion

#35 Popcorn Flower

#37 Desert Star

#40 Spanish Needles

#46 Sand Verbena

#47 Wild Heliotrope

#50 Arizona Lupine

#52 Desert Dandelion

# 55 Fiddleneck
It was a really fun day. And I think if you pull off the road sometime - get out - wander around...you'll be surprised at what you can find. There's real beauty to be found...sometimes in the most unlikely places.
Blessings,
Aubrey

4 comments:

Jenn Alvarez said...

Wonderful pictures Aub! Man they bring back memories. Those damn Teddybear Chollas will put a hurt on ya'!

Ginny said...

Beautiful pictures Aub. I just love to see the desert in the spring. Of course that is the only time I love to see the desert! Mom

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous photos Aubrey! Thanks for sharing.

Coffeedoff said...

Thanks for showing the desert flowers.