Thursday, September 13, 2007

IT'S ALL IN HOW YOU LOOK AT IT

Does this picture scare you? Or when you look at it does it look like a "gift" a "blessing"?
I got news yesterday...my sugar levels have been high - even though I've been sticking to my diet and taking the medicine I was prescribed. So I've been placed on insulin. This isn't a scary picture for me and I'll tell you why. Anything that is going to get my levels into a normal, HEALTHY range -- I'm all for it. Shots do not scare me, and never have, LUCKILY. So I was told I have to have one shot, every night, for a month - then I go back and see how I'm doing. If my sugar is down - and has stayed down consistently, then I may get to go back on oral medication. That's my prayer! I'm hoping to only have to go this route for as short a time as possible. I find it truly ironic that I decide to lose weight, get healthy, and then I develop diabetes. Although my doctor tells me it was really a blessing - he said, "Think of how miserable you'd be with all that weight back." TRUE! I know there are blessings, and silver linings, I'm grateful for my gifts. This medicine is a gift that will hopefully propel me to better health. I plan on taking advantage of it! At least this is how I choose to look at it! :)
Blessings to each of you!
Aubrey

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Praying for you!

Jenn Alvarez said...

I don't like the picture, but I'm glad it's helping you. I hope you're feeling better today!
Love ya' Lou!